In this Episode of 10XTalk, you’ll discover the F Word most people are afraid to talk about, and the Human Flourishing Framework that can help you create more significance, growth, and impact in your life with Genius Network Member Alex Epstein. Alex Epstein is a NY Times Best Selling author of The Moral Case for Fossil Fuels, an energy theorist, and industrial policy expert. He is the founder and President of the Center for Industrial Progress, a for-profit think tank located in Laguna Hills, California.
Here’s a glance at what you’ll learn from Alex in this episode:
- The F word most people are too scared to talk about and why talking about it can change the world
- Alex’s scientific Human Flourishing Framework™ that will help you create more significance, growth, and impact in your life.
- The two qualities most people lack that is holding them back from achieving a life of freedom, peace, passion, and purpose.
- Who is Alex Epstein [00:58]
- Entrepreneurs have always thought of themselves as ambitious businessmen [02:11]
- A conception of the entrepreneur as an ambitious citizen [02:20]
- Alex shares that there are over 1 billion people in the world without electricity [02:42]
- Entrepreneurs have taken interest in helping people [03:17]
- “It’s a good thing IF we know what we’re doing” [03:28]
- If we want to do that, there is one word we must know know and understand [03:41]
- Alex shares that NOT one person in the Genius Network event last year mentioned the word [04:27]
- The F word means FREEDOM [05:02]
- Freedom is the ability to act without forcible restraint by others [05:28]
- China an example of freedom problems [06:21]
- Freedom is the root of everything [07:13]
- Why people don’t talk about freedom [07:32]
- Lack of study [07:50]
- Lack of courage [07:52]
- Study the root causes of achieving goals [08:20]
- Commit to studying the causes of mass human flourishing [08:38]
- “Never in the history of the world has any country become prosperous through the philanthropy of wealthy people” [08:52]
- “Have courage to be a freedom fighter“ [09:19]
- “The vast majority of people in the world believe they have the right to forcibly restrain others” [09:35]
- Alex discusses controversial examples of courage [09:40]
- “It’s scary to have courage” [10:51]
- A need for a new movement [11:24]
- Movement of people who care about human flourishing [11:31]
- The Human Flourishing Movement [11:39]
- This movement needs to be led by entrepreneurs [12:01]
About Alex Epstein:
Alex Epstein is the author of the New York Times best-selling book “The Moral Case for Fossil Fuels” and an expert on energy and industrial policy. Called “most original thinker of the year” by political commentator John McLaughlin, he champions the use of fossil fuels like coal, oil, and natural gas and has changed the way thousands of people think about energy. He has risen to prominence as the nation’s leading free-market energy debater, promoting a philosophy that is “anti-pollution but pro-development.” He challenges many popularly held ideas about energy, industry and the environment, including the big picture benefits (and costs) of fossil fuels and nuclear power. He draws on cutting-edge research and original insights to offer an alternate perspective on the energy debate and shares eye-opening thoughts into how fossil fuels and technology will improve the lives of people – safely, cleanly, and effectively – for years to come.